Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection through Akismet anti-spam service.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
How we use the data we collect
- to improve the user experience of our website
- to maintain the functionality of the website
- to obtain anonymous analytics of our audience
- to track and measure ROI for marketing campaigns
- to provide relevant content for our users
- to respond to comments and/or contact form submissions
- send you the latest news and updates within our industry
- share our weekly newsletter including any related articles, videos, etc
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to conduct questionnaires concerning customer/subscriber satisfaction.
Who we share your data with
We use the following, carefully selected processing partners and third parties:
SiteGround – As our hosting platform, Siteground owns the servers on which our customer data (IP address, cookie data, etc) is stored. This means they may need to occassionally process it when updating fixes and creating back-ups to ensure our site continues working as it should.
WordPress – This is our website creation tool and may receive analytics data from you when you post a comment, such as your IP address, name and email address.
Akismet – Akismet is the anti-spam service we use on our website. They may recieve your IP address, user agent, referrer and Site URL (along with other information directly provided when you comment on one of our posts).
Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to track our traffic and website statistics. They may receive anonymous information such as locations, how you landed on our site, links clicked, you long you stayed on our site and other statistics.
How long we retain your data
If you sign up to our mailing list your data is stored securely by our Email Service Provider (ESP) – Mailchimp for the the duration of your subscription. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If you leave a comment on one of our posts, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
We only keep data for as long as is necessary, to complete the purpose that it is provided for.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can withdraw your consent and opt-out from receiving newsletters and marketing emails using the unsubscribe link in any email we send you.
How we keep your data secure
- use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS)
- use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable
- monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Katrina Mills – Wedding Business Coach.
23 Abraham St, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 7TS, UK.
Last modification was made 10th July 2018.